Mii amo General Manager
Mii amo’s breathtaking surroundings within the walls of Sedona’s Boynton Canyon is the place to bring yourself to a higher calling in hospitality.
Our dedicated staff are passionate about the impact made in guests’ lives every day. Visitors come to Mii amo in search of rest and renewal, and it is our mission to deliver unmatched service in an atmosphere of serenity. Mii amo team members are dedicated, caring, positive, and supportive. We feel an intrinsic duty to provide the very best for our guests and colleagues alike. Mii amo is a place of healing and light, delivering unforgettable offerings in an unmatched setting.
By providing service with heart at a boutique property, our aim is to deliver a truly tailored experience to every guest. Our work is centered on our renowned spa treatments, but we also cater to guests through our organic menu offerings, full schedule of fitness activities, and opportunities to explore local arts and culture.
The Mii amo Spa General Manager (GM) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Mii amo Spa. This includes oversight of the Directors and Managers responsible for Mii amo’s day-to-day operations: rooms, spa, fitness, food & beverage, retail, housekeeping and maintenance. Responsibility includes all Mii amo staff, vendors, media and high profile guests. The GM oversees the overall level of guest service, consistency of guest satisfaction and financial performance.
The GM is responsible for integrating and communicating with Enchantment Resort and Seven Canyons to ensure a seamless guest experience and cross selling. An active leadership role is expected with marketing strategies and short term tactics in order to achieve business goals.
The GM has the important role of finding balance between guest satisfaction and effective business management while ensuring financial viability. Mii amo is to be positioned as a leader within the spa and wellness industry and creating a consistent high level of guest service.
- Supervise all Department areas to ensure compliance with resort management objectives and procedures.
- Interview, hire, review and coach supervisory & management personnel. Be engaged with all new hires, to the degree possible.
- Effectively ensure ongoing training and communication with all staff.
- Supervise and/or conduct all training programs in accordance with established branding, rituals and protocols.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures for guests and employees and how to act upon them. Understand accident prevention policies.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, and with systems and procedures established by the company and the VP & Managing Director
- Ensure the highest possible levels of guest service across all operational areas in full compliance with company’s standards.
- Oversee guest data records and follow-up processes to ensure wellness records and spa relationships are nurtured and protected.
- Oversee and as needed lead training in Guest Service Standards and Destination Spa Journey intake process.
- Continually assess the guest emersion process so that the guest’s arrival, onsite experience, exit and transition requirements are appropriate.
- Manage all sensorial and service elements that impact guests’ lasting impression and desire to return.
- Engage in guest interaction frequently.
- Host orientation and welcome dinners.
- Oversee the resolution of highlighted issues and operational follow up.
- Anticipate and intervene in all incidents of guest dissatisfaction and attempts to satisfy all such guests within resort policy.
- Attend health, wellness, and fitness industry events and conferences as budgeted to stay current with program development and visit comp set spas whenever feasible.
- In collaboration with Mii amo Directors, Managers, and staff, research and develop programming representative of Mii amo values and leadership within the wellness industry.
- Recommend the appropriate educational and operational treatments, programs and facilities to ensure that the guest will be transformed, and the therapist will have needed technical know-how.
- Review and receive spa treatments and programs as frequently as needed to ensure a quality service experience in compliance with established protocols.
- Maintain outside business contacts within the spa, wellness and hotel/resort industry.
- Ensure that department’s profitability objectives are met.
- Effectively administer and control budgets of all operating areas within all Mii amo departments.
- Responsible for the economical purchase and control of all supplies and equipment.
- Ensure that the IT platform for reservations, scheduling and business reporting is utilized to its maximum ability to support the business in yield management, utilization, payroll and other functions.
- Ensure that costs, across all operational areas, are controlled, monitored, and reduced where possible through constant review, meetings with department management, and personal involvement, as well as through close liaison with Accounting.
- Ensure that labor costs reflect the varied levels of demand, seasonality and workload.
- Maintain key performance indicators and periodic utilization, revenue and guest satisfaction reports to accurately communicate Mii amo performance to the VP & Managing Director.
- Ensure that marketing objectives and revenue goals are met.
- Responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of all cash handling within all reporting departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Spa Director and all Spa Management, Café Chef and Managers (Secondary- Executive Housekeeper, Director of Engineering, Retail Director)
Supervision Received: Managing Director
Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Ability to maintain a high level of luxury guest service at all times in all guest services areas.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure guest service levels are being met, revenue objectives achieved and relevance within the wellness industry maintained.
- Ability to deal effectively with all departments with regular communication.
College degree in related field or equivalent experience.
10+ years experience in resort/spa operations management.
Proven leadership of a large, complex operation
Rooms and/or food & beverage experience
70% Walking & Standing
Lifting/Carrying 10-20 pounds
Proficiency in a variety of Spa Booking Software
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Computer screen reading 1-3 feet