Mii amo General Manager
Are you outgoing, energetic, passionate, and authentic? Mii amo Spa is the perfect spot for you!
At Enchantment and Mii amo, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here at the resort. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, engaging, and we have one of the best views you’ll ever find! Come join us!
How you will enjoy your day:
The Mii amo Spa General Manager (GM) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Mii amo Spa operations. This includes oversight of the Management team responsible for Mii amo’s day-to-day operations: Reservation, Journey operation, Front desk operation, treatment services, fitness programing, fitness center. General Manager is responsible for developing, enhancement and execution of all programming of the Mii amo Spa.
The GM oversees the overall level of guest service, consistency of guest satisfaction and financial performance.
The General Manger will partner with resort directors who manage various areas for the entire Resort operation, such as housekeeping, engineering, food and beverage, retail, human resources, marketing, guest services, landscaping, revenue management and sales.
The GM is responsible for integrating and communicating with Enchantment Resort and the Home office team to ensure a seamless guest experience.
The GM will work closely with marketing and PR agency to achieve highest possible positioning on regional and national level.
The GM has the important role of finding balance between guest satisfaction and effective business management, while ensuring financial viability. Mii amo is to be positioned as a leader within the spa and wellness industry and creating a consistent, high level of guest service seeking full compliance of Forbes standards.
- Supervise all Department areas day-to-day operation to ensure compliance with resort management objectives and procedures.
- Interview, hire, review and coach team members. Be engaged with all new hires, to the degree possible.
- Effectively ensure ongoing training and communication with all staff.
- Supervise and/or conduct all training programs in accordance with established branding, rituals and protocols.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures for guests and employees, and how to act upon them. Understand accident prevention policies.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, and with systems and procedures established by the company and the Managing Director.
- Manage and resolve conflicts.
- Ensures the highest possible levels of guest service across all operational areas in full compliance with company’s standards.
- Comply with Forbes standards to achieve the highest possible designation.
- Oversee guest data records and follow-up processes to ensure wellness records and spa relationships are nurtured and protected.
- Oversee and lead training in Guest Service Standards and Destination Spa Journey intake process.
- Create the highest personalized service for the journey guests
- Continually assess the guest emersion process so that the guest’s arrival, onsite experience, exit and transition requirements are appropriate.
- Manage all sensorial and service elements that impact guests’ lasting impression and desire to return.
- Engage in guest interaction frequently.
- Host orientation and welcome dinners.
- Oversee the resolution of highlighted issues and operational follow up.
- Anticipate and intervene in all incidents of guest dissatisfaction and attempts to satisfy all such guests within resort policy.
- Attend health, wellness, and fitness industry events and conferences as budgeted to stay current with program development and visit comp set spas whenever feasible.
- In collaboration with Mii amo Directors, Managers, and staff, research and develop programming representative of Mii amo values and leadership within the wellness industry.
- Recommend the appropriate educational and operational treatments, programs and facilities to ensure that the guest will be transformed, and the therapist will have needed technical know-how.
- Review and receive spa treatments and programs as frequently as needed to ensure a quality service experience in compliance with established protocols.
- Maintain outside business contacts within the spa, wellness and hotel/resort industry.
- Ensure that department’s profitability objectives are met.
- Effectively administer and control budgets of the spa operation and partners with other directors to assist successful operation of other all
- Responsible for the economical purchase and control of all supplies and equipment.
- Ensure that the IT platform for reservations, scheduling and business reporting is utilized to its maximum capability to support the business in yield management, utilization, payroll and other functions.
- Ensure that costs, across all operational areas, are controlled, monitored, and reduced where possible through constant review, meetings with department management, and personal involvement, as well as through close liaison with Accounting.
- Ensure that labor costs reflect the varied levels of demand, seasonality and workload.
- Maintain key performance indicators and periodic utilization, revenue and guest satisfaction reports and accurately communicate Mii amo performance to the Managing Director.
- Ensure that marketing objectives and revenue goals are met.
- Responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of all cash handling within all reporting departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Spa Management, (Secondary- Director of Housekeeper, Director of Engineering, Retail Director, Food & Beverage Director)
Supervision Received: Managing Director ERMA
Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Ability to maintain a high level of luxury guest service at all times in all guest services areas.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure guest service levels are being met, revenue objectives achieved and relevance within the wellness industry maintained.
- Ability to deal effectively with all departments with regular communication.
College degree in related field or equivalent experience.
10 years’ experience in resort/spa operations management.
Proven leadership of a large, complex operation
Rooms and/or food & beverage experience