Guest Services Manager
Basic Function: Lead, inspire and model the desired behavior for all of our Guest Services team members including our Front Desk, Operator, Bell & Greeter positions. This leader is directly responsible for Guest Service standards delivered through each team member/guest interaction and will consistently look for ways to improve our arrival, departure, telephone services, luggage assistance, property rides and other measurable areas through development of our team and accountability of our standards.
- Deliver, and show the team how to deliver world class luxury level exceptional service.
- Expert level understanding and working knowledge of Front Office related operating systems. The “guru” of our Property Management system.
- Ensure that the resort runs smoothly and that any guest challenges and/or emergencies are handled in an elevated sense of urgency.
- Ability to cooperate effectively with all departments on daily basis to ensure high standards of guest services and collaboration.
- Anticipate and intervene in all incidents of guest dissatisfaction and “create a peak out of a pothole” showing the team how to turn a challenge into the most memorable stay a guest has ever experienced.
- Hold monthly department meetings with direct reports to review resort events, departmental policies and procedures and maintain high level of moral and pride in the work that the team delivers.
- Effectively supervises all areas include coaching and counseling, and disciplinary action as necessary
- Organize and oversee group arrivals and departures with the Bell Captain & Catering/Conference Services.
- Interview and hire new staff as necessary for the departments. Recruit the greatest Guest Services team on the planet.
- Conduct performance reviews as necessary for the Guest Service department.
- Create schedules that meet the needs of our resort’s guests and monitor daily.
- Ensure that department profitability objectives are met through measurable expense review.
- Responsible for the economical purchase and control of all equipment in the departments.
- Interact with VIP’s, Homeowners, and Group Coordinators as necessary.
- Inspect VIP rooms as necessary prior to arrival to ensure high standards and personally greet al VIPs whenever possible.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures for guests and employees and how to act upon them.
- Effectively implement training for all staff and train in all areas as necessary. Develop a training plan which attracts the highest levels of talent and shows them how to deliver the highest levels of service.
- Maintain outside business contacts within the hotel/resort industry.
- Responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of all cash handling within all reporting departments.
- Understand accident prevention policies and contact proper authorities for any emergencies and complete all necessary paperwork associated with the incident.
- Other duties as assigned
- Create a truly memorable experience for each of Enchantment’s valued guests and an environment where team members are proud to work and perform at their highest potential.
Supervision Exercised: Front Office Supervisor, Bell Captain
Supervision Received: Front Office Manager
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or equivalent related work related experience and/or training. Prefer 2 years’ Front Desk supervisory experience and hotel/resort operations experience. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Luxury level service delivery and understanding of luxury service standards.
70% walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 25 lbs
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary