Mii amo Front Office Supervisor
Lead the Mii amo Spa Coordinators and be responsible for delivering an unequaled spa experience for guests. Work with other managers and supervisors and oversees all aspects of the spa and related services including, but not limited to, developing and monitoring front desk staffing, reservations, locker room and pool/bell staff, SOP’s, check-in-procedures and guest service. Act as additional support and cover shifts as a Spa Coordinator as needed
- Assist Front Office Manager during operation the Spa Coordinators and Lounge Attendants including positive reinforcement and disciplinary action when appropriate
- Monitor and reinforce quality standards through daily feedback with employees as set by Management and Preferred standards
- Review staffing levels for today, tomorrow and the next day to ensure levels are appropriate given business needs
- Assist in preparing and executing Spa Coordinator and Lounge Attendant evaluations with Front Office Manager
- Maintain open communication with management, employees, and guests and communicate all goals and appropriate information with spa staff
- Prepare and evaluate coordinator and lounge scheduling to be effective with department needs and resort goals
- Assist Front Office Manager in monitoring payroll
- Maintain SOPs, Training Manuals and operational checklists
- Lead and monitor new hire training for Spa Coordinators and Spa Attendants
- Ensure proper procedures of cash handling and billing for services received are being followed
- Complete billing adjustments to both guest bills and house accounts
- Participate in hiring staff and ensuring proper on boarding/training for maximum efficiency in department
- Orchestrate all group billing and communication to coordinator team and accounting department
- Continually update department documentation including training binder, SOP and checklists
- Ensure arrival preparation is complete including communication of nuggets and room moves
- Attend Spa Coordinator and Spa Attendant meetings
- Facilitate daily crossover meetings and lounge line ups
- Work diligently to uphold facility standards by completing and monitoring completion of walk-throughs
- Diligently work towards promoting a team environment within the department and as a resort as a whole
- Promote cross and upselling by team members
- Cross train and work within Mii amo Reservations as needed
- Act as MOD in absence of manager to rectify potential guest and staff issues
- Fill in when necessary as Front Desk, Reservations and Spa Attendant
- Attend necessary meetings at the resort
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: Spa Coordinators, Spa Attendants
Supervision Received: Front Office Manager, Spa Director, General Manager
Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Serve as a destination guest point person ensuring proper preparation, check-in and check-out procedures
- Act as a Visual One specialist to assist in training and monitoring that staff is following the correct procedures for data entry and correcting discrepancies
- Support and communicate with Front Office Manager to ensure all supervisor tasks are completed on a daily and weekly basis
- Excellent communication skills and possess a working knowledge of the spa and health industry.
- Skilled in the operation of hotel Property Management Systems.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, reservation printouts and budget reports.
- The ability to think and respond quickly to pending problems and ability to effectively process information and prioritize tasks at hand.
- Ability to make decisions that are in the guest and spa’s best interest.
- 20% Sitting
- 80% Walking, standing and bending
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and manual dexterity
- Distance vision 1-3 feet
- Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary